Teacher's Rules (中文 English)
Parent Rules (中文 English)
General Guidelines for PCS Parent Guards (中文 English)
- 任课老师应于开学的第一个星期将教学大纲发给本班的学生，并于第四个星期以前交给教务长,以便统一备案。教学大纲包括下列内容：本课程教授与学习目的； 教授的大致内容、方法和所用教材或补充教材；评判学生成绩的方法和标准、对学生课业的期望要求。
- 有义务参加与配合学校安排的一切活动, 教师会。
- 课前,课间休息提醒学生遵从学校各项规章制度，注意个人安全，不随意动用教室内的各种物品，不在教室内吃喝食品（引导学生到咖啡厅饮用食品），不损坏所租借场地的财物。上课结束时和学生共同清理教室, 物归原位，保持黑板、桌面和地面清洁。完成教室的各项检查任务并按要求填写相关表格。
- 老师在指定的上课时间，请自备交通工具，保证每次提前15 分钟到教室做上课准备工作，不得迟到或早退，以免对教学造成影响。若有特殊原因或紧急情况，须及时通知校方有关人员，以确保课程按时及顺利进行。
- 老师因事请假, 应提前两个星期通知校方，以便有充分的时间安排代课老师。
|Teachers’ Code of Conduct |
- Maintain the code of conduct and act as a qualified teacher. Follow all school policies and rules and show respects to the students and their families.
- Follow the school’s direction after the decisions have been made, create detailed teaching plans, and prepare for the classes in advance.
- Distribute the teaching plan to the students in the class on the first week of the semester, and submit the plan to the Education Director before the fourth week for filing. The plan shall include: the course summary and goals; the contents, methods, text books and other auxiliary materials; evaluation method and standards; and students studying requirements and expectation.
- Dedicate to the teaching and be responsible. Encourage and elicit students for questions and provide answers and resolutions in prompt. Communicate with students’ families for issues and concerns.
- Be familiar with students’ interests and their levels. Take advantage of both Chinese and American education styles, based on students’ different ages, and their psychological behaviors and characteristics especially in the context of this special American’s culture environment. Motivate the students to learn Chinese.
- Promptly review students' assignments and exams. According to the evaluation method and standard, fairly evaluate study status. At the end of the semester, provide a report card to every student and submit a class summary report card to the Education Director for filing.
- Be responsible for recording student’s attendance accurately. Do not allow students in the classroom without being officially registered or transferred.
- It is obligatory on attending all school activities, including the teachers meeting.
- Remind the students for school policies and rules before and between classes, including personal safety, not touching or moving any objects in the classroom without permission, not eating in the classroom (except in the cafeteria), and not damaging any public properties. Work with students to restore the classroom, boards, and other objects after the class. Keep the desks and floor clean. Complete classroom check and fill the checklist required.
- During class time, turn off mobile phone. Do not use any electronic device not related to teaching activity. Do not perform any non-teaching relevant activities, such as any business, politics and religions activity for any individual or other organizations.
- Be responsible for the transportation and arrive the classroom fifteen minutes before the class. Being late or taking off early is not allowed, except in the case of an emergency, where an advance notice to the school administration is required.
- Communicate to the school administration at least two weeks before any personal absence, so that the school will be able to find a substitute teacher for the week.
- Communicate the school administration at least one month before resigning the job, so that the school will be able to recruit the replacement and minimize the impact on the education quality.
- Notify the school administration as soon as possible in the case of an email and mobile phone number change; there are the main communication method and the emergency contact tool.
- Check emails regularly every week. Sign in to the administration office every time before the class. Check the class folder for school notices before and after the class if necessary.
- Deliver school notices to students and their parents promptly.
- Encourage and welcome any suggestions and comments on improving education, management, and the environment.
下载教师守则 (download Teachers’ Code of Conduct )
|为维护正常的教学秩序, 保障学生的安全, 保持租用学校的整洁, 匹兹堡中文学校特制定家长守则如下：|
- 家长应按时将子女送到学校指定的教室, 以保证上课准时进行. 放学后, 按时到学校接学生, 以保障每位学生的安全。
- 学生和班级的分配及调整, 一律由校方统一安排。 未经校方同意, 任何家长不得擅自调换班级。凡经查对自行换班学生，校方有权立即将该学生送回原班级。
- In order to maintain the school order, students’ safety, and the renting facilities cleanness, all students’ parents and guardians must follow these rules.
- The parents and guardians must send the students to the appropriate classroom before the class and must pick up the students after the class dismissal on time, for their safety
- The parents and guardians must be actively involved in the students’ study, helping them learn Chinese in daily life, beyond the two hours in class.
- The parents and guardians must encourage students finish all assignments neatly, and be able to communicate with the teachers.
- The parents and guardians must help students review and follow the students’ policies and rules.
- The parents and guardians must attend the parents meeting, and fulfill the requirements of the volunteer work.
- The parents and guardians must help keep the school order, and follow the renting facilities rules and policies. Do not eat or drink except in the cafeteria.
- The parents and guardians must not change the student’s classes without the official transfer approval. The classes must be assigned by the school administration. The school has the right to remove student from the class, if that student does not have the proper registration or transfer approval.
- The parents and guardians must receive the approval from the teacher for listening in the classroom.
- The parents and guardians should not park the cars on the campus roadways to block the traffic. Cars parked in handicapped spaces without a valid permit may be ticketed and towed.
- The parents and guardians must notice the school registration for any contact information changes, such as address, phone, email, emergency contacts, etc.
下载家长守则 (download Parents and Guardians Code of Conduct)
|General Guidelines for PCS Parent Guards|
经中文学校董事会决定，每个在学的家庭都必须有一位家长每学期做一个下午的巡视员服务, 但有以下情况者除外: 父母双方或一方为学校员工或董事会成员。
- 如果您负责一个教室：到校后立即去教室检查课堂里的布置, 并留守在教室里直到老师的到来；在老师缺席或外出（如课间休息）时负责维护教室里的秩序；在该课结束后帮助老师收拾教室或活动场所。务求回归原样。
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance （无虐待儿童历史） (http://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis)
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check （无宾夕法尼亚州犯罪记录） (http://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check （无联邦调查局犯罪记录） (http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm), or
签名的 “Volunteer Clearance Exception” statement (如果您在无宾夕法尼亚州住满10年）
The PCS Parent Guard policy is an extension of the Parent Volunteer Service policy that has been implemented for years. Operating on the rented premises, PCS has a large number of students and classes but a limited number of teachers and administrative staff, which makes it necessary to call for the PCS parent guard services to ensure smooth operation of the school, and to create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for our students.
Who Must Serve as a Parent Guard?
PCS Board has decided to make the Parent Guard service mandatory for all families who have children enrolled in the school, except when both parents or one parent is committed to teaching, administration, or board member at the school.
Major Responsibilities for a Parent Guard:
A Parent Guard is responsible for safe-guarding the school and especially the students, protecting school properties from any damage, and restoring the assigned classroom to its original setting after each class.
Hours of Duty for a Parent Guard:
Each family is required to serve one afternoon per semester, regardless of the number of children enrolled by the family at PCS. Hours of duty are from 1:50 PM-5:10PM. Guidance will regularly email parents with parent guard signup form so that you can choose a time and a position suitable to you. If for any reason you expect to be late, absent, or leaving earlier, please notify the Guidance Office to reschedule or make other arrangement accordingly.
|Specific Job Descriptions:
- If you are assigned as a Classroom Guard: You must inspect and wait in the assigned classroom until the teacher arrives, maintain order in the classroom in the absence of the teacher, and help the teacher restore and tidy up the classroom after each or the third class is over, whatever applies.
- If you are assigned as a Floor Guard: You must patrol and keep the entire floor quite and clean, guide or discipline students according to our published PCS regulations, and report promptly to the Guidance Office any suspicious activity or abnormal situation.
- If you are assigned as a Campus Guard: You must patrol the campus to watch over our vehicles in the parking lot, guide vehicle parking, and stop strangers from entering the building and PCS students from leaving school alone.
- If you are assigned to work in the Cafeteria or Gym, you are responsible for the safety of the students, helping school to do fund-raising, and cleanup and restoring everything after school
|Where to Report (Sign In and Sign Out)? |
The Guidance Office is responsible for coordinating Parent Guards within the school and tracking parents who have not completed their service commitment. You must report to the Guidance Office located in the Cafeteria by signing in before proceeding to your assigned location and signing out after completing your Guard duties. During the hours of service you are required to wear a badge which has your responsibilities printed on. Occasionally the school has some other activities; you must follow the Guidance Office’s instructions if you are assigned to a different location.
According to Act 153, as of July 1, 2015 the following clearances are required for school volunteers. Potential volunteers must present clearances/exception statement to PCS and submit a copy of each clearance/exception statement.
For details, please refer http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (http://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis)
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (http://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check (http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm), or
Signed “Volunteer Clearance Exception” statement (If you have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years)
Please contact the Guidance Officer or the Principal if you have any questions. Thank you, PCS parents, for your continued support to us for your children’s education!!